10 amazing bingo facts!
- The first known form of bingo began in Italy, in around 1530.
- Bingo was popular in France in the late 1700s, it was known as “Le Lotto” and it was played in schools to help children to learn with their maths and spelling.
- The form of bingo in which we know today started in the United States. It was named “Beano”. Players of Beano would place beans on top of their numbers and shout “Beano” when a line was marked off.
- Beano was accidently then named Bingo in 1929. A player in Atlanta, Georgia shouted out Bingo by mistakes instead of “Beano”!
- The UK National Bingo Game started in 1986. Around 500 clubs throughout the UK link together every day to generate massive prize jackpots. The total prize money won stands at an amazing £725 million!
- The first bingo online bingo site on the internet was launched in the UK in 2003.
- Online bingo player participation currently stands at around roughly 80% female and 20% male.
- Currently 30% of bingo players are under the age of 35.
- 96% of bingo players have won a prize at some point while playing.
- Surveys have revealed that more than two thirds of players play for fun rather than financial reasons.
Comments are closed.